Bacon, Almond, & Onion Sauté Green Beans
Forth of July is just around the corner which means grilling, drinking, and pooling (not a word) #Merica! This sauté green bean recipe is the perfect side dish. Between the savory onions, crunchy almonds, and duh bacon it makes the green beans out of this world! Now with my recipes covered my only conflict is where to travel to to escape this heat for the 4th. What are you cookin’ up for the fourth?
- 2lb French green been
- 3 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/4 finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté bacon remove and chop
- Using rendered bacon fat sauté finely chopped onion for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown
- Add green beans, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes
- Remove from pan and add crushed almonds, bacon, & salt and pepper to taste
BY OFG FOODIE KRISTIN
For a customized online training program with the trainer of your choice, complete the FREE CONSULTATION form to schedule yours!