Cashew and Hemp Milk
I just recently started making all my own nut milk. I’m not sure why but I’ve always been intimidated to make my own. I pictured it being much more time consuming then it actually is. I truly never knew how easy it would be! Once you start making your own nut milk there is no going back. It is empowering knowing every single ingredient that you put in your body!
Just like nut cheese nut milk is super versatile. You can thicken it up and make it sweeter with some cinnamon if you are wanting to make it for your coffee creamer or simply add more water if you are looking for more of a milk consistency. And don’t stop with just almond or cashew milk, try every nut. Each nut brings different health benefits and vitamins to your body. I recommend rotating different nuts. The hemp seed also works amazing to use for milk! Hemp seeds are an anti inflammatory rich in omega 3, omega 6, and fatty acids and believe it or not have a nutty taste. This week I did cashew milk and hemp milk, see the recipe below and try it out yourself if you haven’t already!
- 2 cups raw cashews or hemp seeds
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 gallon purified water
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or pure vanilla extract
- Pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
- Nut milk bag or cheese cloth
- Soak cashews overnight covering fully with purified water or hemp seeds for four hours
- Discard soaking water
- Add cashews or seed, dates, salt, vanilla, and water (just enough to fill 3/4 of blender) to vitamix or blender
- Blend for about 1-2 minutes
- Strain milk through nut milk bag or cheese cloth into 1 gallon glass container
- Add remaining purified water to glass container to equal a gallon
- Refrigerate and stir before serving
BY OFG FOODIE KRISTIN
For a customized online training program with the trainer of your choice, complete the FREE CONSULTATION form to schedule yours!